Tuesday 19 September 2017

Britains factory caught on film in 1965

There are lots of videos on Utube of toy soldiers but I hadn't seen this one shot in the Britains factory before so I thought I'd post it up here.  Enjoy.


Yes, I know it's a lazy blog post but I'm trying to ease myself back into the saddle here.

Interesting to see a master figure being sculpted in Plasticine and the hollowcast moulding process in action.  Also the transition from lead to plastic, this was very much at the tail end of hollowcast production and production was geared towards lead for adult collectors (can't have been too many of them) and plastic for the mass juvenile toy market.  Note the rare shots of the plastic injection moulding machines being fed plastic pellets.

And here's another clip from 1949:


2 comments:

  1. I've seen the 1949 one before but not the 'newer' one. But dangerous thing starting to watch videos found myself rewatching a 3 part Russian video on the history of toy soldiers built around Hans Christian Anderson's tale. Very dangerous things to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I seem to be watching back to back Samurai battles at the moment, can't think why.

    ReplyDelete